Coursework Music Video



Infatuation

Overall Idea:

My music video will follow the main character going about their daily life which is represented through the switching of locations through the music video with everything seeming completely normal throughout the music video but then as the music video progresses, the audience will be able to realize the presence of a 'stalker' like figure appearing within the shots to the unawareness of the main character. 

What is my music video's target demographic and how does it fit?


The demographic for my music video is anyone who currently resides within the spectrum of early teens up to young adults. I chose this age demographic as my target as I believe that the theme of love would be within the best interest of teenagers and young adults as I believe that the general theme wouldn't be appropriate for anyone under the age of early teenager (13-14) as I believe that they wouldn’t currently posses the life experiences to properly engage with the music video,  and as a result of this gap, would not enjoy the music video as a whole. As for the opposite side, I believe that those who reside outside of the ‘young adult’ range would not be able to form an emotional bond with the symbolism as I believe that they would’ve passed those life experiences and thus wouldn’t not be able to form an emotional connection to the music video since the emotions gained would’ve already passed along. I also believe that my music video conveys a secondary demographic in which I represented, which is the representation of LGBT as the focus of love within my music video is based on that shared between two female teenagers. With this I believe that my music video is able broaden its horizons in terms of audience as when planning my music video I took into consideration the 'shortage' of LGBT love represented within prominent pieces of media. 

The usage of scenic shots

When not applying all of the attention onto the characters during the music video, instead the attention is drawn to more scenic visuals. The usage of scenic shots can be acclaimed to a variety of different notions such as the signification of peacefulness or the deep rooted strength of a person. When analyzing the scenic shots of my music video, trees can clearly be identified as the main element of them. The countless usage of trees within my music video I would acclaim to delineation of growth within a person as my music video focuses on the widely familiar feeling on infatuation, the want for something that can't be claimed, which I believe as a theme, links in well with the usage of trees as it creates a semantic field throughout the video of growth within both the nature around the characters and plausible growth of the character them self.  The image above is one of my opening shots within my music video in which the sunlight  is shown to be projecting through the grouped tree branches. I chose this type of shot to include within my music video as the I believe that it gives a 'light at the end of the tunnel' ambience briefly to the music video whilst also reflecting on both the romantic and emotional love for nature. 

This is a shot which appears further on within my music video in which replicates the recurrence of trees whilst also adding a new scenic element being a lake. I believe that the lake can convey a variety of meaning, with one being the embodiment of life and death, however the feeling i believe both fits and is represented within my music video is the feeling of reflection and contemplation as my music video is based around the overwhelming omnipresent notion of infatuation, the lake represents the want to reform and take a more healthier stance on love as an emotion.


Character Duality

The contrast within both characters I believe was an effective element in creating layers of emotion within the music video as it helps to highlight key character traits and separate them into two different personality types in which the audience can then pull relations from. Despite the title of the music video being 'Infatuation', not each character possesses the notions to show that they are struggling from it, but instead opposing ends are shown, in which one character is seen to be struggling from the element whilst the other character is presented as being the root cause of it. I think that it was an important choice to include both an introverted and extroverted state of mind and expression as I feel as if the music video would be unable to work if only the infatuated individual was shown without the extroverted root cause as the music video would be heavily one sided in its explanation.
Another important factor in the inclusion of both sides is that one of the music video's key intent was to captivate a specific audience into not just understanding the emotions present within the music video, but to also transfer the characters seen within the music video into their ongoing situation. By watching the music video, a person can translate the two characters into their real life situation and are able to invoke a sense of imaginative comfort, and thus without the inclusion of an opposing personality type, it would leave the imaginative situation lacking the full story. 





Music Video Story Board













Comments